Friday, July 17, 2009

"MLB: Mightly Low Buccos"


I must confess I would rather not do much complaining on this blog. No one really wants to read it, and really, I don't particularly like rehashing my frustrating experiences. But for this one moment in time, I digress.

My family is having a reunion this weekend. Lucky for us, the Pittsburgh Pirates have a home game. SO, a few of the family have gotten tickets to the game. I didn't get into the desire for going to game until after they had already purchased tickets. But one would think it shouldn't be too hard to add a ticket to the game in the same rows as them, or the row in front or in back of them. IMPOSSIBLE.

I have tried now for 2 days to get ahold of the Pirates, but am only met with the never-ending ringing of the phone. I tried online. But in an effort by MLB to make ticket buying ridiculously impossible for re-salers (i won't call them scalpers) you can't choose exactly the seat you want to sit in that maybe available.

SO what am I left with. Well... GO SAN FRAN GIANTS, BEAT THE TERRIBLE BUCCOS!

I mean, really, the Pirates are on the verge of their 17th straight losing season. That would be a record for years of futility by one team-oriented organization in any of the team professional sports (NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB). It is pathetic.

I used to love baseball. But really, when Barry 'roids Bonds can't throw out one-legged Sid Bream at his attempt to score from second, then your organization deserves this legacy forever.

I guess the thing that really gets me is MLB's anxiety over re-salers and their lack of anxiety of juicing. HOW PATHETIC! Personally, I think it's time for baseball's anti-trust exemption to be revisited... i mean, renigged!

Locally, I am so thankful for the Penguins and the Steelers.

No comments: