Monday, May 24, 2010

"The Obituaries"

This may seem a little morbid, even a
little off, but I was scrolling through
the obituaries this morning online
of the local rag... paper. I would say,
perusing. I did have purpose, but
not one pertinent to this rambling.

As I was scrolling down, and down,
and down... something hit me right
between the eyes, penetrated my heart.

There is a day coming where
a bad black and white photo of me
will be placed on this list, next to
my name, a clickable name sending
the clicker to some sort of summary
of my life.

Just as man is destined to die once...
Hebrews 9:27 NIV

A day is coming. Can't be denied.
Am I prepared to meet that day;
And meet the hope of that day?

Emphatically, YES!

I know that I am a stumbling, bumbling
ignorant fool... a filthy rag... with no
redeemable qualities; THANKS BE TO
GOD FOR HIS AMAZING GRACE!
Because without it, who I am is how I
would die.

Harsh? I don't think so. It's what
I deserve. I don't deserve a break.
I don't deserve a pardon. I don't
deserve mercy.

But that's exactly what I have received.
Grace, a pardon, mercy... all undeserved...
given as a free gift. Again, THANKS BE TO GOD.

Romans 6

No comments: