Thursday, December 29, 2011

"A Brain, A Heart, Some Courage"

A BRAIN:

12/29/10 found us looking into the year 2011
wondering what would come of it.

"Would we sell our home?" was the biggest
question going into the '11.

As we head into '12, the biggest question
is "how do we utilize the new home God
has blessed us with?"

Yes, it took 9 months (a little over one year)
of 2011 before we sold and bought, but
God made a way, did what he said he was
going to do, and...

... He continues to lead.

A HEART:

7/27/2011...

It wasn't any ordinary day.

It was a Wednesday.
It was Samantha's birthday.

It was the day a young couple was returning to visit our
previously owned home for the second time in three days...
a very encouraging sign in the selling process.

We took the kids out for dinner... then went to the park
to give the home seekers the opportunity to see the home again.

At the park I had discomfort in my chest... chalked it up
to post-tree trimming strains.

We went home... the pain got worse. I lost my dinner.
Had some terrible sweats.

At some point, I took two aspirin. Don't know why. I just did.

Sam drove me to the hospital.

The heart attack was no something that I planned for such a day.

SOME COURAGE:

Back to today. Back to peering into 2012.

This verse swirling in my head:

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

What lies ahead?

I didn't know this day 2011.
I don't know moving into 2012.

All I know is this...

God was there through the home selling/buying process...
He was there July 26th 2011...
He is here today...
and He will be here tomorrow... and 2012... and beyond.

No comments: