Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Horton Hears a... WHAT?"

I don't want anyone think that I actually encourage my children to stick their heads in a bag; even though the thought of putting them in one from time to time does have a strange appeal.

Yesterday was speak-fest 2009.

"What do you ever mean?"

Well, it was non stop from the time the 2nd grader and K grader got home from school, right up until the time my lovely and endearing wife went to bed. Non-stop chatter. Non-stop questions. Non-stop ramblings about a refrigerator ( a large cold one), the reindeer on my shirt (don't they know the difference between whitetails and reindeer by now), and on and on and on.

I'm exhausted just recanting the events in my mind.

Really, I just wanted to put on a brown paper bag like the one's they wear when their team is really bad. Go to a Pirates game some time and find out.

Now, don't get me wrong. I promise you that one day I will ask at least one of my children why they don't call me enough. It will happen. And when it does, I won't be the biggest hypocrite in the world, I'll just be the loneliest dad in the world.

SO, I'll suck it up again today. Listen as best I can. Ask questions the best I can.
That's what dad's do... and husbands do if they enjoy sleeping on his eighth of the bed each night.

No comments: