Monday, October 19, 2009


That's not me in the dinghy. Well, not literally.

I have been riding around in one for quite a long time. HEY, I am literally afraid of water...
and spiritually, I am just as afraid.


"
As the night was ending, Jesus came to them walking on the sea.
When the disciples saw him walking on the water they were terrified and said,
“It’s a ghost!” and cried out with fear.
But immediately Jesus spoke to them:
“Have courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.”
Peter said to him, “Lord, if it is you, order me to come to you on the water.”
So he said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong wind he became afraid. And starting to sink, he cried out,
“Lord, save me!”
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him,
“You of little faith, why did you doubt?”
When they went up into the boat, the wind ceased.
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matthew 14:25-33 NET Bible

I am starting to understand more each day that I don't want to hear Jesus say to me:
“You of little faith, why did you doubt?”


No comments: