Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Last night, I heard from an old friend. Someone who had coached me many many years ago.
It was great to hear from him. It wasn't a long conversation, but after the New Year we're hoping to have our families together some weekend. The last time I saw him and his wife... well, it was at least 2, if not 3 children of mine ago. That's too long.

SO you ask, "What's the turtle got to do with this?"

Well, where I come from, it's not every day you see a turtle around. And in one afternoon a few months ago, I saw two in the forest behind my grandmother's house. Really it was amazing.
I'm not sure before that day when the last time was I saw a turtle. I took the picture after I had picked the turtle up and had him hiss in my face. It was so cool.

Christmas time is here. And as holidays do, we tend to remember when, and gather with those we don't see very often, maybe just this one time of year.

But I think this year, I would encourage you all to ask God
to reconnect you with a long lost friend.

Maybe you even need to reconnect with Him.

No comments: