Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Hats"

I own probably around 25 different hats. Maybe more.
Really I'm not 100% sure. I'm a matcher. Women
match shoes, purses... I match hats, usually by color.
I don't think that makes me weird in any way, just
coordinated.

Just like those that adorn my head, I wear different
hats in everyday life; Plainly... dad, husband, son, etc.
But also more specifically... chef, chauffeur, garbage
man, grass cutter, sweeper, tackling dumbie, etc.
You get the picture.

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.
I dabble in it all. And as long as 4 children believe
I'm expert in all those areas, I can survive the day.

I'm afraid however I do to much dabbling as it
were in the matters of God. I'm inconsistent
in prayer, inconsistent in the reading of His
word. I dabble.

And I can think of a few reasons why, but
none that excuse me from being that dabbler.

DABBLE v. "to work at anything in an irregular or superficial manner"

Irregular, yes.

Superficial, now that's scary.

I don't want to be superficial. I want to be real.
I don't want to be irregular. I want to be diligent.
I don't want to be cubic zirconium.

No comments: