Friday, October 28, 2011

"I Didn't Do It!"

James?
Really?
How can what you write be true?
How can I be held accountable for
something that I didn't even do?

And really, it's this question:
God, are you really going to punish me
for something that I did not do?

But the bible can be no clearer than this:
James 4:17
So whoever knows what is
good
to do and does not do it is guilty of sin.
NET BIBLE

The NIV version says it this way:
Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.

Not only are you guilty of sin... but by not doing good
you are ACTIVELY sinning.

So the ACT of not doing good is really the ACT of sin.

OUCH!

That takes my sin each day to a hole new level... as
if it could be any worse than already is, BAM!
My inaction to love (i.e. do good things) is sin.

Who have you ought to love today? And why didn't you?




No comments: