Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Joyfully Disappointed"

Remember this tweet:

"I praise you 24/7!!! And this how you do me!!! You expect me to learn from this???How??? I'll never forget this!! Ever!! Thx Tho."

That was tweeted in late November by Buffalo Bills
wide receiver Steve Johnson after dropping what
would have been a winning touchdown catch in
the end zone in overtime in a game against the
Pittsburgh Steelers.

He was disappointed. Not doubt about it.

Today, I sit disappointed.

We have journeyed 9 months through the
painful process of selling our home... in
order to purchase one that would accommodate
the family of 6 we have.

3 bedrooms, 1 bath... just isn't quite enough.

So as of 2 days ago, the process was streaking
toward a conclusion. Under contract to sell.
Under contract to buy. Just waiting for
home inspections to pass... and then
on to closings.

"Not so fast my friend." (that's for the college
football fans out there).

A problem has arised that seems more and
more likely to take us back to "On The Market"
status. Something out of our control.

Let me spell it for you:

D I S A P P O I N T M E N T!

To get this far and to encounter a closed
door is frustrating... yet, it's comforting.

WHAT?!

Yep, comforting.

Of course my prayers all along is for a sell
and buy scenario to succeed. Yet, in my
heart, I always defer to God's will and purpose...
always defer to His control.

And if that would mean closing the door,
so that I will travel according to his plan
to wherever He will take me...

then yes, disappointed... but joyfully.

HOW?!

Well... knowing this:
Philippians 2:13 " for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

He maybe closing a door... and this good.

WHY?!

He cares enough to do it.

HUH?!

I'll say it again, He cares enough to do close the door...

and for me, there is joy in the disappointment as well.

No comments: