Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Why?"

If you've ever had a child, known a child, had
any sort of interaction with children, OR been
a child yourself...

The source of the some of the greatest questions
of all time have come from children.

The whys, whats, wheres, hows, hows comes,
whos... they ask them all, and usually they
are compound questions.

"Why is the grass green?"
scientific reasons answered.

"Why green, and not red?"
God designed it that way answered.

"Why did God choose green?"
who has known the mind of the Lord...
Bible explanation answered.

"Can we go outside?"
glad the green questions are over...
now the parade of new questions begins.

Is this just childish curiosity or just the
way children understand how to keep
the adult engaged in dialogue?

And why (oh no a question) do I not
have the persistence of a child in asking
questions of God?

Why do I just get things off my chest
and move on when I should be persistent
following up each question with another
question?

Does anyone believe that a child is merely
asking questions to "get things off there chest?"

I would say absolutely not. They want to know.
want to understand. want to have meaning
full dialogue.

It's not a way to clear the air and move on.
It's their way of drawing out answers that
satisfy... if even the answers are not the
ones they want to hear.

Then he said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend,
and he goes to him at midnight and says,
‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread,

because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me,
and I have nothing to set before him.’

“Then the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man’s boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:5-10 NIV84

No comments: