Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Tunnel Vision"


I've lived all my life in Beaver County, Western Pennsylvania...
minus four years in Indiana County at IUP.

One of my favorite things about the
city of Pittsburgh is the view of the city
as you emerge through the Fort Pitt Tunnel.
(As seen above)

It has been, is and always will be to me
a special trip into the city through the
tunnel. At one moment you see nothing that
indicates a city is near...

AND BOOM! As you come out of the tunnel,
there it is... Breathtaking in my opinion.

So, in some way, I love tunnel vision.

Yet, how often has someone who is
accusing you of being narrow-minded
said that you have "tunnel vision"?

"You only see things one way."
"You are so narrow-minded"

And on some things in this life,
maybe we all need to see it 360.

However, label me narrow-minded...
label me thick headed...
label me as having "tunnel vision"
in all things biblical truth.


Psalm 86:11
"Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."

Isaiah 35:8
"And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it."

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 7:14
"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

John 10:7
"Therefore Jesus said again, I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep."

The bible is clear there is a proper way,
gate, path, highway... not only proper
but singular... as in the ONE AND ONLY.

That may seem single minded, narrow minded...
tunnel like... but it's God's truth... and I for
one would rather have a tunnel view of God
instead of a 360 view of everything else.

No comments: