Monday, June 6, 2011

"Worse Than Ananias"

Ananias and Sapphira

Both held back from God,
lied to the Holy Spirit,
and died.

That sums it up.

I Surrender All

I've sang it...
and at times in my life,
I've was fully prepared to give it all.

Yet, I am not better than Ananias...
maybe worse.

Understanding mostly that service to
Christ is sacrificial, complete obedience...
I hold back.

Yes, it's the sinful nature in me snuffing
out the light of His glory...
(no excuse)
but with the Holy Spirit in me, the
sinful nature has no reign, it is defeated.

Yet, I hold something back...
lie to the Spirit...
and should be dead where I am.

Thanks be to God for His grace
to grant me each day the opportunity
to fully obey, claim the victory that
has been won and live a live pleasing
to God!

No comments: