Monday, January 4, 2010

"3 Ring Circus"

Some times I think my life is nothing more than a three ring circus.

It's the high wire.
It's the annoying clowns.
It's being caged with the big cats.
It's the wild and crazy.
It's got elephants, running horses, tiny ponies, acrobats, lot's of flashes and noise.
It's non stop excitement.

Some times, I think my life is nothing more than a three ring circus.

It's here today, it's gone tomorrow.
I mean, God even says that:
"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
What is your life?
You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
James 4:14 NIV

OR

"You do not know about tomorrow.
What is your life like?
For you are a puff of smoke that appears for a short time and then vanishes."
James 4:14 NET BIBLE

A puff of smoke? A mist?

V-A-N-I-S-H-E-S!
Dictionary.com definition 3.: "to disappear by ceasing to exist; come to an end"

That's pretty hopeless if you ask me.

Thank goodness God doesn't leave us in a state of disappearance.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8

A new year? Yes.

Life in the circus? It's only temporary.

No comments: