Friday, January 8, 2010

"Snow"

I love snow!

I love how snow makes the
Christmas lights in the
neighborhood really stand out.

I love snow angels, snow football, sledding in the snow.

It's currently 32. Hasn't stopped snowing since about 2pm yesterday (1/7/10).

It's awesome to me.

I love how it clings to everything. The trees, cars, telephone lines, the roof of my shed, etc.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7

Whiter than snow?

We have a yellow lab. Really she's mostly white. With a few spots that look like cigarette butt minus the paper. You know, tar like. But on our forest green carpet in our basement, her shed really stands out... white.

Yet, when I let her outside in the morning, she looks so not white in the snow. It's amazing.

Whiter than snow? Cleaned. Tar-less. Pure.

Here's what Psalm 51:4-6 says:
"Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,

so that you are proved right when
you speak and justified when you judge.

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from
the time my mother conceived me.

Surely you desire truth in the inner parts
you teach me wisdom in the inmost

Whiter than snow? Cleaned. Tar-less. Pure. After that?

YES! And why I love Christmas snow the best.



No comments: