Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"The Swing Set"

Our neighbor is moving.
They and their 2 children have to move.
It's a sad story why they are moving.
Bad landlord, black mold... it's just not good.

They asked us if we'd like their
swing set/jungle set/slide.

You bet!

Went to the neighbor today and he
helped me move my new swing set
to my yard OR I helped him move
his old swing set to my yard.
It really doesn't matter.
It's mine now.
In my yard.
And as of 9pm, staked and secured for use.

Why do I bring this up?

Well, until yesterday, when my
neighbor's wife came to ask if we
would like their
swing set/jungle set/slide,
I had never once (as I would later
find out in talking with them) in
6 years did more than wave or
say hi or hello as I would go take
a walk.

6 years. Lived in the apartment
building diagonally across the street
from my house.

Nothing.

How sad.
I'm sad... or should I say pathetic.
No State Farm here.

No comments: