Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Clean The Shed"

Spent 2 hours this morning taking almost
everything out of my shed, cleaning it,
having the kids help clean it, and putting
almost all of it back in in a more organized
way.

Not quite spring cleaning, let's call it:
The Last Day of June Cleaning.

I found things in there I could not remember
why I was hanging on to them.
I found things that I hadn't been able to find
in some time.
I found things, well, let's just say stuff that I
have no idea where it even came
from (including dead things, nothing mammal :)

It was a good exercise, and was good to get the
heart beating a little more than it does while
I sit a the computer most of the time.

But it's clean. Spotless? NO.
Eat off the floor? NO. Workbench? NO.
But it's as clean as I can ever make it.

Much the same is my life.
The Master has made me clean, once for all time.
Yet, when left to my own self, my
life becomes my shed... it starts to lose it cleanliness.
I make a mess of it.

I do things, I never even remember them.
I do things that I never thought I would do again.
I do things that I had no idea that I was able to do.
Things.
Not nice things.
Selfish things.
Things.

And yet, I have this...

"How much more, then, will the blood of Christ,
who through the eternal Spirit offered himself
unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences
from acts that lead to death, so that we may
serve the living God!"
Hebrews 9:14 NIV

I can clean my shed. But I have not the ability
to cleanse my life. Thanks be to God.

No comments: