Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"THANKS=GIVING"

I read this today. (click here)
And then, as I was about to add
another blog to my promised
series of things I'm thankful for,
some thing hit me like a wrecking ball:
the construct of the word Thanksgiving.

Two parts.
Thanks.
Giving.

I wonder, how much more Giving
would be in my life if I truly awoke
each day with Thanks in my life.

Put this way: The more I give Thanks,
the more I should be Giving.

What spurs me on to do the Giving
things in my life? Is it my goodness?
Absolutely not!

I have no natural goodness in me.
Sure, I may stumble into doing
something good... Giving some thing
good. But that's not really in me.

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.
For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Romans 7:18

How then, can I carry out continual Giving?

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh
but are in the realm of the Spirit,
if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ,
they do not belong to Christ.
But if Christ is in you, then even though your
body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life
because of righteousness.
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from
the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ
from the dead will also give life to your mortal
bodies because of
his Spirit who lives in you.
Romans 8:9-11

And in there is my reason to be Thankful...
what should be my daily focus of Thanks.
Thanks for God's grace.

God's grace... to life.. to be Spirit-led...
to do the Giving things I cannot do on my own.

Thanks...to Giving!

No comments: