Monday, December 13, 2010

"12 Days Of Christmas"

In an effort to blog everyday for the remainder
of the year, I'm going to try to create a list
of the 12 bestest and greatest gifts I have
received for Christmas over my lifetime.
This is not going to be easy due to the fact
that my brain forgets more each day than
I can remember, and because blogging
each day never seems possible.

Also, the 12 will appear in no particular order.

#12 The Engagement Golf Set

Being a rather average hacker, and one with
limited funds that makes it hard to hit
the links at all any more, the engagement
golf set was delivered Christmas 1998.

Now, I'm not expecting to remember the
year I received most of these gifts, but
this one is a no brainer.

Engaged and waiting for March 1999 to come,
my lovely bride to be gifted me a new set
of golf clubs. It was totally unexpected...
which definitely propels it into the top 12.

Now, I'm not usually one who likes to give
gifts out of season. It's hard to gift a bike
to the kids for Christmas because to use
it you might have to wait a few months.

But for the engagement golf set, it didn't
matter. It was a splendid idea and worthy
of a top 12 ranking.



No comments: