Friday, January 14, 2011

"Anxious"

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:13 NIV

Anxious: –adjective 1. full of mental distress or uneasiness
because of fear of danger or misfortune; greatly worried; solicitous

Is it the doctors appointment I have today?

Or could it be the upcoming slug fest to be held a Heinz Field in 32 hours?

Maybe it's the four days home alone with the children while my bride
is in California?

Or could it be just that fact she'll be going to California?

It might be the desire that we have put behind all of us a nagging illness. Maybe?

Or it just might be something that I really can't pinpoint at this moment.

I really can't explain this uneasiness in the pit of my stomach.
I wish I could. I really do.

I don't feel particularly anxious, but the symptoms are certainly there.

"Don't be anxious about anything..."

Easier for all of us to hear, agree with, acknowledge, even totally agree with...
but putting it into practice... well, that's hard to do.

What to do?

Pray... you know, that trite and obvious answer.

"Yeah, sure, I know it."

But why do I run from it?

You know, while I'm on my feet, it's easy to run from anything. (well, attempt to anyway.)

But if I'm on my knees...

Have you ever tried to run away from something on your knees?
From a turtle, sure, it works.
From almost anything else on this earth, impossible.
From God?

No comments: