Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I Had A Thought"

Really I did.

Well, I have many everyday,
most are worth nothing;
Like a 3-year-old who
wonders where dogs come from.
For which my lovely wife answered:
"from other dogs."

I'm guessing that's a good
answer for a 3-year-old.
Or maybe not.

But really, my thoughts usually
are a little deeper than that.
Or is it, I understand where
dogs come from and don't
need that answered for me.

Back to my point:
Thoughts.

Where do my thoughts dwell each day?
(which leads to this thought:
do we under-use the word
"dwell" in modern day speak?)

How much time do I spend thinking,
dwelling, on matters that matter
about as much as "where do dogs
come from"?

"Set your minds on things
above, not on earthly things."
Colossians 3:2 NIV

Do I think about, dwell, enough
each day on things above, or
do I just think about, dwell,
on the earthly things... the things
that will ultimately pass away.

Knowing me, as much as I do,
I think about, dwell, much to
much on things here... on this
earth... fleeting things... vaporous
things.

Just a thought.

No comments: